Essential Windows 10 April 2018 Edition: The Illustrated Guide to Using Windows 10 (Computer Essentials)
The twenty-first century offers more technology than we have ever seen before, but all that "help" can be overwhelming. With new updates coming out all the time, from the Creator's Update, to the Fall Creator's Update, and now the April 2018 update; most computer users don't have time to keep up or figure everything out on their own.
Essential Windows 10: April 2018 Edition is here to help. With comprehensive instruction for many common Windows tasks, this step-by-step guide offers specifics in upgrading, setting up, navigating and effectively utilizing the April 2018 Update that will best help you meet your goals. In addition, many illustrations and screenshots are included, allowing readers to quickly and easily digest information without feeling confused, wasting time searching, and getting discouraged. In this book we'll take a look at...
- Windows April 2018 Update's new features, menus and utilities
- Setting up your computer, downloading and upgrading to Windows 10
- Navigating around Windows 10 using file explorer, task view and the start menu
- Using the desktop, running applications and basic file management
- Making use of timeline and near share features
- Using tablets, touch screen gestures, keyboards and pens
- Using Windows Ink
- Getting to know Cortana virtual assistant
- Microsoft Edge Web Browser
- Using OneDrive & Files on Demand
- Getting started with Continuum
- Getting started with Windows Hello
- Backing up your important data with FileHistory
- Antivirus and internet safety
- Windows Defender Security Centre and the new exploit and folder protection features designed to combat ransomware
- Downloading & watching videos, movies and watching DVDs
- Downloading & listening to music and using Groove Music Passes
- Storing, manipulating and sharing photos
- Using the story remix feature of the photos app to create videos with 3D models and effects.
- Staying in touch friends, family and colleagues using Mail, Calendar & Skype
- Using Paint 3D to create 3D pictures that you can share via social media
- A look at mixed reality using models from Paint 3D
- Maintaining Windows 10, scanning drives for errors and basic recovery procedures and more...
Unlike manuals that assume a computing background not possessed by beginners, Essential Windows 10 April 2018 Edition tackles the fundamentals of Windows 10 so that everyone from students to senior citizens to home users pressed for time can take advantage of the digital revolution.